Saturday, April 25, 2015

I Spy Quilt

I wanted to make an I Spy quilt for my granddaughter who has autism to help her with her language skills and also because it is so fun!  My sister suggested we exchange fabric, so my sisters and nieces all cut out 6 1/2 inch squares and traded them.  I wish the color was better in this picture.  Click on the photo to see an enlargment.
I quilted diagonally as well as in the ditch.  I wanted close quilting to make it sturdier.
Just some close ups of the blocks.  Click on the photo and it will enlarge.
I really like the quilting in the border.  This is ruler work on my Tiara sit down machine.
I also think this border fabric brought the quilt all together and gave it a feminine look.  I also did a machine binding which I don't normally do.  It turned out great.
It is a good twin size quilt.
I think she is going to love it. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails