Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Catalina's Catnap or Pins and Paws Quilt

Catalina loves Cats.  That's why as soon as I saw this quilt pattern, I knew it was for her.  It is titled Pins and Paws from the Missouri Star Quilt Company.
 There was some fun quilting on this quilt.

I love pieced backs.  It's also a good way to use up left over fabric.This backing idea is from Gyleen Fitzgerald.

 This is one of my favorite border quilting patterns.

 I love quilted straight lines.  They add so much movement to a quilt.
The whole quilt.
Richard thought the quilting was odd, but I think it is very modern.
As always, a label.

10 comments:

Terri said...

Love the way the border is quilted!

andrea reed said...

omg I love this quilt and would love to make one just like that I saw the one at the quilt compony but yours is the best ever I love the colors the quilting everything I just hope mine could turn out halve as good any pointers on the quilting designs ???

Colleen said...

I just made up my own. I am a medium level quilter. What I do is take a photo of the quilt and print it. Then I try different designs to see how it looks. Good luck with the quilt. It was pretty easy to make.

RoxySherburne said...

Your kitty quilt is just darling. Colors are beautiful!

DarleneDarlene said...

Your cat quilt is beautiful Colleen! My hubby and I are cat crazy. Never met a cat we didn't love. Great to find your site.
Darlene
Nova Scotia

Jane said...

Love the quilting. Wish I could do that free motion quilting on my domestic sewing machine. But it does give some ideas to try to do❤️

Rhonda Hormel said...

I love the quilt and especially the fabrics you used. Would you mind sharing the source for fabrics? Ty!I love this quilt! The borders are awesome! I especially love the colors and fabrics. Do you mind sharing the source for fabrics?

Colleen said...

The fabric is by Moda. I don't remember the name of the fabric line or the designer of the fabric.

Bec said...

I love this! I want to make one for my granddaughter. She loves cats and would love all the bright colors. Yours has added borders compared to the Missouri Star one. Can you share the measurements of yours?

Colleen said...

Glad you like the quilt. I do not have it any longer, but I believe the sashing is 2 1/2 inches and the border is 4 or 5 inches. Do what you think looks good or what size you need to make it fit the bed.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails