Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Pink and Green Purse

This is my latest bag. Basically I made a piece of fabric from strips. I used that fabric for the front and back and part of the insides of the bag. I had to add a strip of white in the bottom of the bag because I didn't have enough strip fabric.


The inside of the bag has two pocket just alike that were the left over fabric from the handle. The bottom of the bag has two pieces of plastic canvas cut to the size of the bottom and covered with white fabric.


This isn't a very good picture, but it shows the stitching on the handle. I used batting strips that I cut off from the edges of quilts after they are quilted. I always wondered what I could use those for. I used a 5 1/2 inch strip of fabric and ironed it around a 1 1/2 inch strip of batting. Then I sewed the four stitching lines.



This closeup shows the quilting on the bag as well as the button. I thought the button looked really good with the fabric.





This is the back of the bag. Basically it is just like the front.

This picture shows the sizes of the new bag compared to the size of the charm square bag. It is a smaller size and looks more like a purse. I really do like it. What do you think?

2 comments:

Clint and Mari Cluff said...

You should make a few and bring them to the reunion i would buy one!

Doina said...

Beautiful bags!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails