Thursday, April 16, 2009

Mystery Schlep Bag

I can just see my kids start calling me the "Bag Lady." I found this pattern on Sentimental Stitches. The pattern is called "So Sew Easy Schlep Bag." http://sentimentalstitches.net/free-stuff/schlep-bag/
I saw the pattern and fell in love with it. She has several pictures posted and they are really cute.

This fabric is left over from my Mystery Quilt. I did buy the green as the fourth color for the bag. I needed a light color in this place.

The handles are different from my other bag. I followed the directions in the pattern. They are lined with batting instead of interfacing. It makes a different type of handle, but I like them both.






I did change the bag some. I can't seem to follow all directions. I lined the top 3 inches of the lining with the coral. I like the inside to match more and be the same color as much as possible. I also added the pockets. They are just rectangles folded in half and sewn on two sides, turn the right side out and tuck the bottom up a seam width. I place them on the bag with the folded side to the top and stitch on three sides. I like a light color on the inside of a bag. Most purses are lined in black and you can't find anything in them.

This is a VERY Large bag. I think your baby and your diapers will all fit.

3 comments:

The Lunt Family said...

I like it. You have become so creative with your many ideas! You are amazing!

Geta Grama said...

I like it, I can't wait to make one, too.

Becca Jackson said...

WHAT a FUN bag!!! I think I would like to make one...some day...so many things to do & such little time. When I do, I hope it turns out as fun & beautiful as yours.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails