Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Open a Can of Worms Quilt

I saw this quilt made at my quilt shop and wanted one like it.  I have seen this pattern published many times under different names. The "Open a Can of Worms" book was published before Moda started naming cuts of fabric that we know now as "Jelly Rolls." 
 This is a fabric line called Madeira.  My camera doesn't show the color well.  It is much more vibrant than this.  It is a queen size quilt.  
The block is 2 four patches and 2 white squares with snowballs sewn to opposite corners.  The secondary pattern comes with how they are sewn together and arranged with their neighbors.
The block is 2 four patches and 2 white squares with snowballs sewn to opposite corners.  The secondary pattern comes with how they are sewn together and arranged with their neighbors. You could make it scrappier, but it would have a different look.
The quilting on the white.   I did all the quilting.  It took about a month to do.  I am pleased with how the quilting turned out.
The dark block were quilted alternately with this flower and curves.
This is the curves.
 I made a pieced back out of the same fabric.  I had a lot of it. 
The label.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I actually bought "Open a Can of Worms" back in the day. Still have it. It's interesting how the 2.5 inch strip came into being. Why 2.5 inches? Just wondering.

Jocelyn said...

Beautiful quilt!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails