I loved the 2012 FMQ Challenge. Here are my 12 completed practise sandwiches. I had lots of trouble photographing this. Click on the photo to get a better view.
This is only half. You get a better picture.
This is the other half. Click on each of the photos to get a better picture of what I have done.
Now for what I have learned. It is so much that I don't really think I can express it all. Let me try to make a list.
1. I got to take class from some of the top quilting professionals in the business. I never could have afforded to do that on my own. Just getting to know them and getting their feedback was awesome. Some of them even wrote messages just for "me." They were such giving people.
2. I learned that I am better at small curving quilting than I am at long straight lines.
3. I learned to not care so much about being "perfect" and just have a good time. If it isn't perfect, no one really cares but me. Look at some of those blocks I made, some are awesome and some are not so awesome.
4. I have learned to take what I have learned and actually make several quilts with those skills and patterns.
5. I set a goal a while back to learn to quilt my own quilts. I am there. I am ready. I have actually been doing pretty good, and I don't mean to sound braggy.
Last, but not least, thanks to SewCalGal for all the work this challenge took. Thanks for your time, your insight and your knowledge. You were one of the first blogs I started following and I will never regret having become your blogging friend.
Happy quilting to all!!!!