Thursday, June 23, 2011

Love At Home Quilt - Sneak Peak of Quilting

My sisters have been quilting from afar. I have tried to explain the quilting I am doing on my Love At Home Quilt. A picture is worth a thousand words. Just for your information, I designed this tree block myself.


This is the stencil I used on the tree.
This design is on Press and Seal. I only used it to audition the pattern. I did the quilting free hand with 8 dots. Four at the top of the heart and four at the bottoms of the heart. I also drew a few parallel lines in the roof to help get the roof stitching straight.
Here is the quilting done free hand. The nine patches are completely scrappy as you can see by the dinosaur. See the quilt top here: http://colleensquiltingjourney.blogspot.com/2011/06/love-at-home-quilt.html

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails