Thursday, November 19, 2009

Northern Solitude Charm Bag


This is my Northern Solitude Charm Bag. I made it for DIL 3. She chose the charm pack by Moda.

The handles are also made from charm squares. I put dark ones at the top to help hide dirt. The bag I am carrying now has while handles. It needs to be washed often. I decided not to use light colors for handles again. (I hope I remember.) I also did several lines of quilting on the handles. I like the look.

The inside of this bag is the best inside pocket job I have ever done. I helped my sisters make bags from a diaper bag pattern. I liked the pocket style so much that I used it in this bag.


I included a closing pocket in this bag.


I am a beginning quilter. This is my first project with this pattern on it.






This is the other side of the bag.





Side one view. When I went to the quilt store to buy a coordinating fabric for the top band, I found this. It wasn't the color I went to the store to buy, but when we put this color by the charm squares that were sewn together, it was the color that gave the bag it's POP.





Side two view. As with most things, it looks better in person. Click on some of the pictures to get a better idea of the color and "charm" of this bag.




2 comments:

Mary said...

Colleen,
This bag turned out so nice!! Great job.

Adele said...

I love this bag....it might be one of my favorites that you have made......I also like that it is made of a charm pack.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails