Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Bear Rag Quilt



We had a family reunion this past weekend. Part of the reunion is an auction to make money to pay for the reunion. My sister decided that next year we would make a quilt at the reunion to sell. We discussed options and finally settled on a rag quilt. I had never made one even though several at the reunion had made them. I came home on Monday and started this quilt. I finished it Tuesday night.

I think the fabric is cute. It has a special rustic appeal.


My sister wanted to see the corners of this quilt and the binding. It is bound with a folded fabric and sewn like the rest of the quilt. The last binding is tucked in at the end and sewn with stitching to keep the corner from going ragged too. Click on the photo to see a larger view.

4 comments:

The Lunt Family said...

That turned out great. How do you do stuff so fast? I need to learn to make one of these!

Lynnae said...

It turned out VERY cute!!! I love the fabric.

Eric said...

Love it! It's so cute.

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely shaggy quilt and I really like all the bags you have made too.........

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails