Friday, May 15, 2009

Small Buttercup Batik Bag

This is my Buttercup Bag made from a Batik fabric. The pattern is from Rae. http://madebyrae.blogspot.com/2009/05/rae-goes-blahdeeblahdeeblah-about.html.



This is a closeup of the front. There are so many different ways this bag could have turned out. The secret was in where each piece was cut in the fabric. I also did a different clasp than Rae. I put a button and a loop on mine, same bag, just a different way to embellish it.

This is a small bag. There is a pocket for a cell phone and a pocket the size of sunglasses. It will also hold your wallet. If you want to hold more things than that, you need to enlarge Rae's pattern by 130% like she has suggested on her blog.



This handle is really pretty. I cut the handle first because I wanted this pattern on it.




The back is totally different from the front.






Another view of the back. This was a really fun bag to make. I enjoyed making it and really like the way it turned out.





1 comment:

Rae said...

I love how the swirls in the fabric continue from one piece to another! Thanks for sending me your link -- looks fab!!! So glad you are enjoying the pattern!
-RAE

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails