Friday, October 9, 2015

Chris Duffy's Quilt - Quick Strippie

The other day I visited a friend who had called to tell me she had terminal cancer.  As we were visiting I noticed she was covering herself with a beach towel.  I am sure she had other choices, but I went home and said to myself, "I can do better than that."  I went to my fabric and looked for an appropriate fabric.  I found these little tea cups.  They were perfect for her.  I immediately went to my "go to" charity quilt pattern, Quick Strippie Quilt from Mary Quilts.  

The quilting from the back.
I quilted it simply.  I free motioned the feather part and used my half circle rulers on the half circles.
View from a distance.
Close up.  The colors aren't perfect.  I was able to finish the quilt in three days.
  I quilted " Made for Chris Duffey by Colleen Lunt 2015." It's a little hard to see here.  It's in the white just above the tea cups.  Click on the photo for a better view.
 
My friend, Chris Duffey passed away on September 19, 2015.  I will cherish my memories of her.  After she passed away, her daughter told me she was going to inherit the quilt.  She was so pleased.  It made me smile that my work was being cherished by someone in her family.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails