Saturday, September 27, 2014

Dolly Dress Up #6 - Katrina

This is my 6th Dolly Dress Up.  I entered it in the fair and someone asked for the pattern.  There really isn't a pattern.  I used the ideas from the "Circle of Nine" book, "Dolly Dress Up" fabric by Holly Holderman and I designed my own quilt.  You could make a quilt similar by using the "Circle on Nine" concept and any other fabric with pictures printed on it.  I don't think this fabric is still available. I am considering another quilt with the same concept, but  different pictures.
This quilt was made for my church calling on the baby committee.  One of our congregation had a baby and this is the quilt given to her.  We only have 3 or 4 babies a year so making a quilt for them is realistic.  My daughter's congregation has 3 or 4 a month.  That would be hard to keep up with.  
If you look real close, the babies name is in the top red checked section and the year is in the top white section.
Just a close up of the corner.
Another corner.
As always a label.  These Dolly Dress Up quilts are some of my husbands favorite quilts that I make.

2 comments:

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

So cute! Lucky baby>

Donna Keating said...

Any parent would be so proud to receive one of these darling quilts. Good job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails