Sunday, May 12, 2013

Denim Rag Rug Charity Quilt

 The Relief Society, our church's charitable organization, has some 6 inch blocks of denim and corduroy that had been cut from pants.  They asked us to make rag quilts to put in the New Mexico State Trooper cars for the homeless and others the police officers thought needed them.   When I was choosing my squares I went for the colored ones.  I wanted a colorful quilt.  This is what I came up with. 
The denim from the front have different colors on the back to make this pattern.  I was limited in my design by the colors I had.  I did not enjoy making this quilt.  Denim is hard to sew.  However, I really love the way it turned out.  Just a tip...I turned the denim wrong side out so the quilt looks more new and not worn out.  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails