Friday, June 10, 2011

Carpet Quilt

Carpet Quilt? I know it sounds like a funny name, but there is a story behind it. We finally decided to replace the carpet in our house. I stress about that sort of thing big time, so when they were working on the living room, I went to my sewing room and looked for something simple to do to keep my mind off the disaster that was my house. I got out all my flannel scraps and started cutting squares. Then I put them together into this simple baby quilt.

I wanted to free motion quilt it. I decided on loops and double loops. This is my first quilt using this quilting design. This is the back of the quilt. It is a marbled flannel.

I thru in a few butterflies done with a stencil.

I love this butterfly stencil.

This flower is the first thing I learned to free motion quilt.

I threw in a couple of them too.

A butterfly from the front.

I decided that for this quilt I would free motioned my label in the corner.
I am big on labels. This one fit the quilt.

So there you have it.
My "carpet" quilt.

I decided to use this quilt myself.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails