Monday, May 23, 2011

Rose Charity Quilt

Our church has decided to donate some quilts to a cancer center. They asked my sister to teach a class on the quilt. The pattern we are making is from http://www.maryquilts.com/quick-strippie/ and is her Quickie Strippie. This is a wonderful pattern for a charity quilt. It is fast and easy and can be made by beginning quilters and experiences quilters. She asked me to make a quilt to show as an example. This is it.

I made my quilt with scraps. They are not from a fabric line. I didn't have more than 1/2 yard of any fabric I used. In fact the center strip was only a 7 inch scrap. I just cut my other two scraps in half and used all my fabric instead of cutting them to the 6 1/2 inches shown in the pattern. This pattern can easily be adjusted to fit the fabric you have. As always, I like to include a label.

1 comment:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Colleen the quilt is just so lovely....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails